Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Inspired and moved

(published on my livejournal blog on 29th March 2008)

What inspires you?
A particular person you respect deeply? A defining moment you witness in you life? Words of wisdom?

This afternoon, I was totally inspired and moved by a video clip on youtube my friend, Hanping, showed me.
It's an audtion clip of Paul Potts, the winner of Britain's Got Talent.
When the Paul Potts first appeared on the clip, I thought Hanping was lying to me, I thought he was just showing another deranged participant instead of the real winner. Paul Potts appearance is not the usual good looking idol that we usually see on the star scouting show, instead he looked unattractive and resembles those characters that are usually bullied in schools or workplaces.

From the clip, notice how uninterested the judges and audience looked when Paul first did his self-introduction on stage. To be honest, I'm similarly unenthusiastic about his performance. Just like the judges and audience, I was just expecting a disappointing performance that will probably waste a few minutes of my time.

Only until he started singing when all my pre-assumptions of him fell apart!
I WAS STUNNED!
His voice is simply amazing! From his voice, I could feel his strong passion and love for singing. His voice is so enthralling. It is not a typical beautiful voice that you will appreciate with your ears. It is one that will also touch your heart!
It's so unbelievable how humble he is with such extraordinary talent!
As i was watching the performance, I realised how shallow are human beings sometimes. We judge people with their looks and assume what kind of person he/she is without giving them a chance to show who they really are.

Check it out for yourself if you haven't watch it before. Watch it again to be inspired by the passion of Paul Potts again!



This is another inspiring video clip that I watch some time ago.
It's another audition clip on Britain's Got Talent.
This one is a young girl singing with the purest angel voice you will ever find.
Only passion for singing. No other agendas.
Watch it and feel the wonders of 6 years old Connie!


Inspired * touched,
DT

No comments: