Thursday, June 4, 2009

Midyear Spring Cleaning

I'll be having a reporter guest from I-weekly to my crib tomorrow morning, therefore I thought I should neaten my room a little so that my room will show no trace of the "phenomena of post-exam-books-and-notes-everywhere" in the pictures for the article.

I started cleaning my room after my lunch, and expecting the job to be done in 1-2 hours. BUT as I packed I realized the amount of stuff I've not cleared for the past few months when I was busy with school and work. In the end, I had to dedicate my entire day doing a elaborated 'midyear spring cleaning'. I almost spent the entire day in my room; only leaving the room for meals and drinks.

People will usually grumble about such cleaning up or some would not even bother doing it. Well I kinda have to do it so our dear photographer will not have a tough time tomorrow. I did not grumble about the long cleaning up hours instead I kinda enjoyed it. As I cleaned up the room, I came across old things which I would subconsciously pause and recollect fond memories tagged to them. There were also things that I once deemed so precious now seems insignificant anymore. Therefore, there was a lot of throwing to do and a lot of struggle whether to keep or throw some stuff which I've kept for years. Final verdict for most items are still to stay. I realized I'm quite a 'garang guni' dude who loves to keep things which marked different phases of my life.

Though I'm feeling a little tired now after a long day of cleaning, I definitely think it's worth it when I look around me. The room is now all sparkling clean and neat. And the cleaning process was self-reflective for me, and also a nostalgic experience.

By the way, below is an article of my role in Ultimatum from last week's I-weekly:

(Dion, thanks for the write-up.
Joyce Stella, thanks for sending the article to me)

No comments: