Wednesday, June 17, 2009

H1N1?!


I was down with flu, fever, sore throat etc. However I just refused to see a doctor because I believe in self-recovery mechanism of our body. Whenever I am sick, I will just drink more water and do mild exercises to 'sweat it out'. As such I believe that my body has grown stronger over the years as my body is not reliant on chemical (medicine) to recover. I know this might sound illogical or even sound stupid but I really believe in this. What's your take in this?

Anyway this time round, I was kinda forced to submit to the doctor due to social responsibility, otherwise I would fight the illness to the end. I was ill for almost 2 weeks (one of the longest battle with illness) but I just had to give up in the end due to the possible chances of me contracting the H1N1 virus. I just wanna make sure that what I had was not H1N1 for the benefits of my family, friends and the society. I even wore a mask when I was out for dinner with my friends, and at my friend's place. (Partly, I didn't want to pass on the bacteria to Shadow, the dog) I was surprised that I didn't get weird gazes when I was wearing the mask in public, or maybe I was just too sick to notice that.

Anyway, the medicines are really effective; I am almost 100% recovered. But the downside of the medicine is that it causes drowsiness, I'm almost perpetually sleeping a day round. It’s nice to get some sleep but too much of it isn’t lovely anymore. Therefore I urge you to take good care of yourself, drink more water, consume more Vitamin C and stay healthy alright. Nothing is more important than health. Good health!

1 comment:

Cherries said...

thats an adorable dog