Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rules of Life

As I'm enjoying my current read, I learned some great lessons from it at the same time. It is a wake-up call to all the city dwellers, like us. I'm intrigued to be more sensitive to the smallest details of my everyday, and enjoying the moments of life. As I rush from places to places, race through crowds and 'living' my days, I somehow forgotten the basic things in life such as "The first rule of life is to have a good time. There is no second rule." How miserable is it to live life not being happy? No matter what, have fun in whatever we do everyday and remember to smile! It does make a difference!

I like these lines from the book.

"The bell has rung. I was in the ring. It was time to get involved in minute-by-minute efforts rather than heavy contemplation. I had to give up spending too much time thinking about the past and what I had lost. It was going to be a big challenge just to keep up with this present." Michael Gates Gill (How Starbucks Saved My Life)


No comments: