Friday, January 16, 2009

An 'Overseas' Trip: Pulau Ubin

If there is a tagline for this year, I suppose that "Times are bad!" would be highly voted. My friend Mr. Backache uses this tagline in almost every time when we talked about the gloomy situation of the economy, quieting streets that are usually buzzing etc.

I've to agree with the tagline. I read an article on the papers yesterday about a financial adviser in the States planned to fake his death by plotting a plane crash to 'bail out' himself from his debts. He flew his Piper Malibu towards his 'death', and secretly parachuting to the ground and escaping on a escape motorcycle he had stashed earlier. I'm impressed (not exactly in a good way) by the idea and the extent this American had went to plan a James Bond movie sort escape from his debts. Unfortunately, the authorities caught up ‘Mr. James Bond’ 3 days later! Looking at his desperation to escape from the authorities and also at the unforgiving chase by the authorities, my conclusion is 'Mr. James Bond' must have owed a SUBSTANTIAL sum of money! Times are really bad!

Well, anyway what I initially plan to blog on is my Pulau Ubin. Here's a little advice to share. If you are not in a situation like 'Mr. James Bond', keep your saving plans simple. You can simply downsize your spending on expensive lunch, luxurious holiday etc. If you are stuck in Singapore, must as well do the best out of it. Go on a Discovery Trip in Singapore! I went to Pulau Ubin (For those unsure ones. Nope. You don't need your passport!) with my friends on a one-day trip to this little island to get a some air away from Singapore (mainland). Comparably, this can't match up to trips to Paris, Hokkaido etc. however it could be a perfect getaway with the right group of people. At least it is something interestingly different and also cheap!


Jack the wild boar





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always heard this places through dramas... I hope I can visit there in person one day...