Monday, January 12, 2009

2009

Happy 2009! I hope the beginning of 2009 is awesome for you so far. You know.. It hasn't been too good for me. I'm having a hard time burning off the accumulated additional pounds from the holiday season, and still trying to kick the holiday season eating habit as well. Just look at the calender and you will see another 'disaster' around the corner. Lunar New Year will be 'hitting' us in 2 weeks! More ba-kuah, more feast, more tidbits etc. It's time for intensive 'Fight Club' training programme! It's such an irony, isn't it? Human beings love to look good (come on. let's be honest. don't say you don't. just admit it! That's the way!) and at the same time most of us love to indulge on our favourite food. Sometimes when I think about it, human beings are seriously 'programmed' in a such weird way. Well, perhaps it's true that there is always a price to pay for every desire.

Anyway, I realized that it has been 'a while' since updated this blog religiously and my 1st proper entry for the new year after such a long time is all my whining. I've got to apologise for that again. As I reflect upon 2008, I won't say that it was an eventful year for me in a personal level because I was just busy with school and work. However, it felt like the shortest year just zoomed past. I guess it was because it was an eventful year in perspective of a global level. We had so many 'gi-nomous' events one after another, like the Olympics, F1 event, financial crunch, food scare, US election etc. 2008 was fast-paced. All those events kept our mind so occupied that we didn't even realised that time had just sneaked past us quietly.

Everyone or at least most people of the world could be right that the year would most likely be a gloomy one. BUT it doesn't mean that it would be a bad year. It's all up to us to create good time for ourselves or others. I believe we can spend less money yet enjoy the simplest thing in life; say spend more time at home with your family and support our local TV, like watching Channel 8, 9pm Drama 'Reunion Dinner' which I'm acting in. Haha! Jokes aside, you know what I mean. Just keep your head up even at most difficult time alright.

Remember this 'The darkest hour of the night came just before the dawn.' -
Paulo Coehlo.

PS. I know I know. I will try to update more.

No comments: